https://northstarpremierhomes.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/north-star-premier-luxury-custom-homes-loan-lender-application.jpg 350 1366 NSAdmin https://northstarpremierhomes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/NSPCH-logo.png NSAdmin2022-08-22 23:33:212023-04-01 23:33:53Applying For A Home Mortgage Loan - Here's A Brief Checklist Of What You'll Need
If you’re applying for a mortgage loan, here’s a checklist of the typical documents you’ll need to provide:
- Proof of income:
- Recent pay stubs covering the past 30 days
- W-2 forms for the past two years
- If you’re self-employed, provide tax returns for the past two years and a year-to-date profit and loss statement.
- Employment verification:
- Contact information for your employer(s) for the past two years
- Proof of assets:
- Bank statements for the past two to three months for all accounts
- Investment account statements for the past two to three months
- Credit information:
- A credit report pulled by the lender
- Information on any outstanding debts, such as credit cards or car loans
- A copy of your driver’s license or other government-issued identification
- Property information:
- The address of the property you plan to purchase or refinance
- Purchase agreement (if you’ve already made an offer on a home)
- Additional documents:
- Proof of insurance, including homeowner’s insurance and, if required, flood insurance
- Gift letters (if someone is helping you with the down payment)
- Any additional documents requested by your lender or loan officer.
Keep in mind that every lender and loan program may have slightly different requirements, so be sure to check with your lender or loan officer for a complete list of required documents.